Are You Helping Haiti?
February 16, 2010
Survey Results for 02/17/2010:
My company is:
Not likely to have any organized effort.
Not involved as a company, but plenty of individuals are donating.
Actively involved in donating to Haiti.
Still looking at options for Haitian donations.
This poll question happens to be one I was particularly interested in, just out of sheer curiosity. I don't really have too much to say about the results, because there are always stories behind these types of numbers. While only 15 percent responded that their companies are involved in Haiti relief efforts, that doesn't mean the other 85 percent are not involved with other charities or organizations.
I will say that a few folks touched base to share with me the ways in which they're contributing to Haitian relief, and to thank me for sharing the story about my daughter's question. While some companies are organizing their own efforts, others are teaming up with partners and vendors to pack a a more powerful punch.
"I love the short article about you and your daughter; it made me think about what WTS Paradigm has done and I wanted to share it with you," writes Kari Streblow, marketing & advertising specialist for the company. "About a month ago we received an email from one of our partner’s employees asking us to help Haiti. WTS Paradigm took immediate action and encouraged all employees to help our less fortunate neighbor and made a corporate monetary donation."
I'm sure there are other similar stories in abundance. Good work all.