Special Thanks to our 2011 Crystal Achievement Award Judges
The following window and door executives, representing suppliers, distributors, dealers and manufacturers, served as judges in the technology categories for the 2011 Crystal Achievement Awards. Window & Door would like to thank them for the time and effort they invested to make these awards representative of the industry's best:
- Douglas Adams, Industry Consultant
- Ken Barman, ViWintech Windows & Doors
- Mike Biffl, Stürtz Machinery
- Dave Byers, L.B. Plastics
- Freddie Cole, Schnee-Morehead Inc.
- Chris Cooper, Joseph Machine Co.
- Ron Crowl, Fenetech Inc.
- Alan DeMello, Ultrafab Inc.
- Steve Dillon, Veka Inc.
- Brian Evans, CGI Windows & Doors
- Chuck Gilderman, Fenerep Inc.
- Keith Early, ODL Inc.
- Mark Fortun, Endura Products
- David Harris, American Renolit
- Lyn Hartl, WTS Paradigm
- Jerry Hartman, Gilkey Windows
- Andy Hodge, Winsys
- Axel Husen, Interlock USA
- Sam Jadallah, Haddon Windows & Doors
- Harold Kaye, Windo-Fix
- Matt Kottke, Truth Hardware
- Scott Knisely Bystronic Glass
- Jim Krahn, Marvin Windows & Doors
- Debbie La Pinska, PGT Industries
- Brian Lemme, Bacon & Van Buskirk
- Lori Le Pera, Deceuninck North America
- Bill Lazor, ABC Supply Co.
- Jim Lett, ABE Doors & Windows
- Todd Metz, Timeline Windows & Doors
- Kevin O'Connor, Brio USA Inc.
- Matthew Olivari, Atrium Doors & Windows
- Tom Patterson, The Window Man
- Gary Pollard, Pollard Windows
- Terry Rex, BF Rich Windows & Doors
- Chuck Scalzott, Vytex Windows
- Tyson Schwartz, Gorell Windows & Doors
- Bill Smith
- Tony Smith, DAC Products
- David Steele, The Window Gallery
- Michael Sugrue, Winchester Industries
- Mitch Toews, Lynden Door
- William Uhl, MarkeTact Consulting
- Jason Wadal, Urban Machinery
The following manufacturing executives, representing companies that previously were honored with an award for Most Innovative Plant, served as judges in the manufacturing categories for the 2010 Crystal Achievement Awards. Window & Door is grateful that these recognized innovators offered their time and expertise to help us select the winners in the most innovative plant and machinery categories.
Soft Lite LLC
Northeast Building Products
The following marketing and PR executives served as judges in the marketring categories for the 2010 Crystal Achievement Awards. Window & Door is grateful that these recognized innovators offered their time and expertise to help us select the winners in the most innovative marketing program, product literature and Web site categories.
Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork
The Atrium Cos.
Harvey Building Products
The Fine Print–How the Winners are Selected
To truly determine the industry's most innovative products, companies, organizations and technologies, Window & Door gathers a broad range of input for our Cyrstal Achievement Program. To do this, we solicit a wide range of manufacturers, dealers, distributors, suppliers and others, representing all segments of the industry, to serve as judges.
We also invite previous winners, recognized innovators themselves, to vote on these awards. Executives involved in the wood, vinyl, aluminum, fiberglass, steel and composites segments of the industry, as well as suppliers of glass and glazing products, hardware, software and equipment, participate. We have judges involved primarily in windows and patio doors, as well as representatives from the entry door business.
Each judge receives a package of nominatons, submitted by magazine readers and others, and is anked to rank the nominees in each category they choose to judge. For our manufacturing and marketing categories, we use smaller panels of judges, which allows us to provide them with sample materials and/or more detailed information.
Judges cannot vote for their own companies. Winners are chosen based on cumulative rankings of the judges.
Window & Door wants to make the Crystal Achievement Awards truly represent the industry's best, and each year we look to gather as much industry input as possible. Participating as a judge can be a rewarding experience, so if you are interested in judging next year's program, contact John Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.