Lowe’s Pro Survey: Expect Increased Demand through New Year and Beyond
November 4, 2021
Home improvement professionals say they posted a banner year and see no slowdown in sight, according to Lowe’s Pro Pulse Survey. While most Pros use the year’s end to wrap projects and reset, more than 70 percent of survey respondents expect to be busier than ever this winter.
There is an increased demand for professional help with home improvement projects, with 80 percent of survey respondents saying now more than ever there is a need for home improvement professionals. Pros reported an average of nearly 11 projects per month in 2021 and expect that to increase by 45 percent in 2022.
Additional key findings from Lowe’s Pro Pulse Survey include:
- Pros are prioritizing functionality and efficiency in 2022.
- Pros expect to see increased demand in 2022 for projects aimed at adding functionality for homeowners – with the No. 1 project expected to be updates for energy efficiency
- 69 percent of Pros are shifting away from gas-powered tools for battery-powered tools
- Pros are optimistic about their careers and the year ahead.
- On a scale of zero to 10, Pros on average rate their optimism about their profession a nine out of 10
- 92 percent of Pros are satisfied in their job as a home improvement professional
To help Pros navigate the holiday season and prepare for the busy year ahead, Lowe’s has released its first-ever Lowe’s Pro “Toy” Catalog to serve as a guide of products and savings. According to the survey, 82 percent of Pros say the holidays are a time to reward teams for their hard work and 79 percent plan to take advantage of holiday deals to purchase tools and job supplies. The online catalog is available on Lowes.com, and includes top PROvember deals, top pro "toys" of the season, and top tips and picks from Lowe's Pro Ambassadors.