Six NFRC Documents Return to Public Review Prior to ANSI Approval
The National Fenestration Rating Council's ANS Standards Committee and NFRC Board of Directors approved a plan to submit the six NFRC documents for public review in accordance with the American National Standards Institute’s process. The public review and comment period is scheduled to run from Sept. 10 to Oct. 25, 2021.
The six documents to be submitted for public review, comment, and the full ANSI consensus process will be
- NFRC 100: Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product U-factors
- NFRC 200: Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Solar Heat Gain Coefficient and Visible Transmittance at Normal Incidence
- NFRC 202: Procedure for Determining Translucent Fenestration Product Visible Transmittance at Normal Incidence
- NFRC 203: Procedure for Determining Visible Transmittance of Tubular Daylighting Devices
- NFRC 400: Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Air Leakage
- NFRC 500: Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Condensation Index Ratings
The announcement that these documents are open to public comment will appeared in Standards Action on Sept. 10, marking the beginning of the open public comment period. With the documents being available electronically, the comment period will be 45 days, closing on Oct. 25, 2021.
Changes incorporated into these documents include a new address for NFRC and NFRC member-approved ballot language. To request any of these documents in strikethrough/underline format for review, please email email@example.com and specify the document(s) you would like to receive.
Additional details, updates on progress, and applications for joining the Committee are available on the ANS Standards Committee group page, which is open to the public. Questions may also be directed to Jen Padgett at 240/821-9515.