Industry Prepares for Fensterbau Frontale in July
After a four-year, pandemic-induced hiatus, the combined Fensterbau Frontale and Holz-Handwerk exhibition is back at Exhibition Centre Nuremberg as a one-off “summer edition” from July 12-15. More than 700 international exhibitors will present the latest trends in the woodworking and wood processing trade and the window, door and facade segment. A supporting program with specially themed display areas, forums, and other program highlights for professional development and knowledge transfer will complement the exhibits.
Fensterbau Frontale 2022 will showcase innovations in windows, doors and facades, the associated technologies, components and structural elements, as well as related machinery and services. With more than 80 presentations, it also offers plenty of opportunities for continuing education and professional exchanges with industry experts and colleagues. “At the stands of the more than 360 exhibitors, but also in the supporting program, visitors will be exposed to topics like smart home, automation, safety and security, energy efficiency and sustainability, comfortable living spaces, and design and aesthetics,” says Elke Harreiß, director Fensterbau Frontale at NürnbergMesse.
- The Fensterbau Frontale Forum in Hall 4A with Job Board – to connect skilled personnel with prospective employers – and presentation clusters on topics like CO2 efficiency, glass applications, PVC windows, ventilation, security, or comfortable living spaces. This is also where the awards ceremonies for the MeisterAward (Master Craftsman Award) and Window Manufacturer of the Year will be held. The half-hour long presentations will be live streamed, and recordings will subsequently be available from live.frontale.de
- The Special Show “Green Deal,” co-organized by ift Rosenheim and NürnbergMesse, focuses on CO2 efficiency and the use of sustainable windows and structural components to protect against climate extremes.The forum “A practical guide to digitisation for craftspeople” in conjunction with Holz-Handwerk, will also be recorded.
- The 10th Architecture Window Facade Forum under the banner “ROBUST – Responsible use of resources – resilience – adaptability,” which focuses on robust structures, alternative approaches to sustainability, durability, and the flexibility and adaptability of buildings.
- The GLASWELT Guided Tours on the innovations and product premieres at the summer edition of Fensterbau Frontale, which will subsequently also be made available on demand as a recording.
- The new daily format Expert Talks, featuring discussion and Q&A panels on topics such as mounting frames, the PVC windows of the future, reducing CO2 with reflection, and digitalisation in window construction.
- The new MetallbauTREFF, presented by trade journal metall-markt.net in partnership with seven innovative exhibitors, offers a platform for products, innovations and information, and an opportunity for networking.
The highlights of the supporting Holz-Handwerk program include:
- The new combined forum with Fensterbau Frontale, “A practical guide to digitisation for craftspeople,” which facilitates those first steps into the digitization of business processes through a combination of short TED-style talks, practical seminars, compact workshops and product presentations.
- The Special Show “DesignObjekt – ObjektDesign” organised by the Bavarian Carpentry Association (FSH). This year’s focus is “The POWER of IDEAS – BRINGING IDEAS to LIFE” and puts the spotlight on the generation of ideas in the creative process.
- The Holz-Handwerk Campus, a presentation area for vocational training colleges and other advanced training establishments, is once again dedicated to the topics of support for the next generation of tradespeople and the shortage of skilled personnel.
- The government-subsidized “Innovation made in Germany” pavilion, where innovative young companies present themselves and their solutions to the professional community while underlining the innovative strength of the sector.
- The new Job Board in Hall 12.0, a key hub that brings together skilled personnel and companies seeking new recruits.
Holz-Handwerk 2022 co-organizers NürnbergMesse and the VDMA Woodworking Machinery Association are celebrating the 20th round of the fair. “After many months of preparation, we are hugely excited about finally welcoming our customers back to Nuremberg again,” explains Stefan Dittrich, director Holz-Handwerk at NürnbergMesse. “We are thrilled by the huge response and the loyalty of participants to the trade fair format, which continues to be especially important, also or especially because of the exceptional circumstances. More than 350 exhibitors from 19 countries will present an extensive range of innovative products and provide information about the latest technological developments. Along with the participating companies, we cordially invite all visitors to be part of the unmissable 20th round of this industry gathering!”
Visitors can use the Fensterbau Frontale and Holz-Handwerk apps for iOS and android to get information in advance about exhibitors and products and create their own wish list. The apps include a dynamic floor plan and push notifications if there are changes to anything in your personal wish list.
Products on display at Fensterbau Frontale 2022:
- for facades, windows/French doors, gates, doors and conservatories
- Semi-finished products
- Materials, production aids
- Coatings, sealants, wood and engineered timber, adhesives, cleaners, abrasives, glazing block systems
- Components and prefabricated elements
- Shading and ventilation technology
- Glass and glass products
- Hardware, doors and fixings
- Security technology
- Office organisation
- Machines, installations and tools
- for glass processing, woodworking, plastic processing, metal processing, surface and application technology, environmental technology
- Operating systems and equipment
- Services, associations, R&D
Products on display at Holz-Handwerk 2022:
- Woodworking machinery
- Electrical tools, pneumatic tools
- Tools, grinding and polishing aids
- Finishing equipment
- Software and organisation
- Disposal technology
- Fixing equipment and hardware
- Components, semi-finished materials, finished components for furniture making and interior finishing
- Wood, engineered timber and materials
- Environmental protection and industrial safety
- Technical colleges, associations and the trade press