Registration Opens for FGIA Virtual Conference
September 10, 2020
Registration for the Fenestration and Glazing Industry Alliance Virtual Fall Conference is now open, with early bird rates available through Sept. 28. The Virtual Fall Conference will take place Oct. 6-8 and will feature updated market size and economic forecasts, as well as residential and commercial construction trends resulting from the continually evolving COVID-19 pandemic. Additionally, FGIA has assembled technical forums designed for interactivity and dynamic discussion reflective of the work being conducted by FGIA's councils, committees and task groups, including its regular codes and regulatory sessions.
"FGIA listened to feedback from those who were involved in our well-attended Virtual Summer Conference, and as a result, there will be more of an emphasis placed on technical content as well as the committee and task group work that moves the industry forward," says Janice Yglesias, FGIA executive director. "To accommodate this, dual tracks will be available at times, allowing participants a choice between different technical topics of interest."
- A keynote address from Dr. Chris Kuehl (Armada Corporate Intelligence) on the post-COVID-19 economy, titled "Ten Patterns Likely to Change"
- An FGIA members-only market study update from researcher Nick Limb (DuckerFrontier)
- A presentation on safety awareness from Michael Cook (Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope)
- "Fenestrations of the Future – Today!" by Matt Risinger (Risinger Build)
- A U.S. and Canadian legislative and regulatory report, as well as a codes update from FGIA U.S. Codes & Regulatory Affairs Manager, Kathy Krafka Harkema, and FGIA Glass Products and Canadian Industry Affairs Director, Marg Webb
- A session titled, "How to Get People to do What You Want: Two Processes You Can Follow to Increase Your Influence with People" with Oak Moser (Coaching2Connect)
- Insight into commercial design trends, including exterior, fenestration and glazing requirements, offered by William Babbington (Studio NYL)
Participants will also have their choice of several themed happy hour events on Tuesday and Wednesday after the conclusion of the days' sessions.
Early bird registration for members is $249. Non-member register is $499. For an additional fee of $249 (members) and $499 (non-members), an upgrade to the registration can be purchased that includes unlimited company employees participating from unlimited locations and/or connections.